* 1 Tbsp. Peanut oil for stir-frying
* 4 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1 Small Onion (Chopped finely) – optional
* 2 Cups Chicken - coarsely chopped, or cut into small bite-size pieces
* 2 Jalapeno peppers, cut into large slivers with seeds
* 2-3 Tsp. Soy sauce
* 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
* 1 Cup fresh sweet basil
* Black Pepper
1. Prepare the ingredients as instructed. Leave the fresh basil leaves whole.
2. Heat a wok until its surface is smoking hot. Swirl in the oil to coat the wok surface.
3. Wait a few seconds for the oil to heat, then stir in the garlic, followed a few seconds later with the onion.
4. Stir another 15 to 20 seconds before adding the chicken.
5. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, or until most of the chicken has changed color on the outside and is no longer pink.
6. Toss in the chillies. Sprinkle black soy sauce over the mixture and stir-fry for another 15 to 20 seconds.
7. Season to taste with fish sauce, then stir in the fresh basil. Toss well.
8. Stir-fry another 1/2 to 1 minute, or until the basil is wilted and the chicken cooked through.
9. Sprinkle with pepper.
10. Stir and transfer to a serving dish, or spoon directly over individual plates of plain steamed rice.