* 1/4 cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
* 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
* 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g)
* 2 tbsp (25 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 tsp (2 mL) crumbled dried sage or rosemary
* 1 cup (250 mL) chicken stock
* 2 tbsp (25 mL) balsamic vinegar
* 2 tsp (10 mL) liquid honey
* 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
In shallow dish or plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken and turn or shake to coat.
In large nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat; fry chicken, turning once, until no longer pink inside, 12 minutes. Remove to plate and keep warm.
Add remaining oil to pan; cook garlic and sage just until golden, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with any remaining flour; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in stock, vinegar and honey; cook until thickened enough to coat back of spoon.
Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan, turning to coat; cook until chicken is glazed, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with parsley.