- 1 and 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oatmeal - quick or instant
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg - slightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Prepare 12 muffin cups with papers or generous coating of cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, oats, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix together the bananas, milk, egg, oil and lemon juice.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Fold in the blueberries.
Fill each prepared muffin cup a little more than 3/4 full.
Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.