1-2 pounds cube steak (tenderized round steak that’s been extra-tenderized
1 large onion
2-3 French/Deli rolls
Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- Slice onions and cook in 1/4 stick butter until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
- Slice cube steak against the grain. Season with Lawry’s.
- Heat 2 TBSP butter over high heat (in same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown.
- Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown, then flip and cook until brown, about a minute on both sides.
- Add 1/2 (at least) Worcestershire sauce, 5 to 6 shakes Tabasco, and 2 TBSP butter. Add cooked onions. Stir to combine.
- Butter halved French rolls and brown on skillet.
- To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonfull of juice from the pan. Top with other half of roll, cut in half, and devour!