· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
· 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
· 2 tablespoons tomato paste
· 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
· 1 teaspoon honey
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (super easy if you buy a chicken from your favorite deli)
· 6 potato buns, toasted
· 1 red onion, thinly sliced
· 6 slices of grilled pineapple
· 6 slices Pepper Jack cheese
· Green chiles
1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add chopped onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and honey. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Add shredded chicken to sauce and stir frequently until chicken is heated through. Spoon onto the bottom half of a bun and top with slice of Pepper Jack cheese, pineapple slice, red onion and green chiles.