- 1 ½ pounds of 60% cacao chocolate
- 1 cup of butter, cut into pieces and at room temperature
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon of Kahlúa
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 Lightly grease a 9x13 pan. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2 In a double boiler or using a bowl over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together.
3 With an electric mixer, beat together the eggs, sugar and salt. Add the chocolate mixture and the vanilla extract and Kahlúa. Mix until smooth.
4 Slowly sift in the flour.
5 Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool for thirty minutes.